Sunday 12 October 2008

The harvest festival

You potter away and you potter back. I mean to be a blogging lemmuure every day but lately haven't been a blogging here much. I'm going to take the blog off to another page soon .. a moving it through the blogosphere but will just be round the corner at blogger.com .. so not moving very far away at all ... just to another page,

I am still padding the poorly paw paws around but it seems that I maybe a little bit better as I've had the asnishoos but have not had to go to the hospital even though it's been quite a while since they started. It seems to be getting longer every time now. So, today I was able to pad the paws up the road to the harvest festivals .. this is where you give the plants and food and then you buy them back and the money goes to a good cause. This time to the Hospice .. we made almost £100.

I gave some bits and pieces .. some choccies and nuts but didn't buy anything .. I put the paw up for one of Dave's paintings but then realised that the other person really, really wanted it in all it's purple skyness and kept the paw down at £8.50 .. a bargain as this was a painting on the canvas and not a print. Though he is usually very generous with the prices with us lemuures. It is a very lovely painting. I have one and I think that is enough. This was lovely though in its mauve and purpliness. Lemuures do so love the purplies.

We listened to a very nice lady and some people sang .. not me as I hadn't got my specs with me and couldn't read the words .. and then we had a cup of tea .. and then we went home.

I think that reminds me of a song but I can only think of a couple of lines

Then Charlie and me had another cup of tea
And then we went home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5XX9LX2es4

I wonder how many songs have been written about a cup of tea.