Thursday 6 March 2008

Well, the paws had to be padded back to the hospital on Sunday. I was not the well lemuure at all and had to call an ambulance to get to A and E. When we got there I had to go to the side room to wait for the doctors and nurses to come and see me. After talking and examinations I was taken to the 48 hour ward which is an admission ward. I don't think I have been to that one before ... usually I seem to skip this and go straight to one of the other wards .. this maybe because I'm often admitted by the team from BAD ... the British Association of Dermatologists rather than through A and E.

Off to the ward I went. They had given me the pain medicines earlier but I was not the well lemuure. Not at all but they soon had this in hand and I was given the pillies to make me feel better. Some of these and some of those ... a bit of this and a bit of that.

The pillies soon helped and I was the feeling better lemuure again. I have to say that everyone was wonderful .. the doctors, nurses, student nurses and assistants couldn't've been better.

Then it was time to go. The doctor said there would be a bed in one of the other wards that day and it was mine so I left the 48 hour ward for another ward a feeling a lot better.

Hello I said. Hello they said. I'd stayed here twice before and knew the nurses. Again looked after very well and am waiting to see what the doctor will say now.

And .... the soup and porridge? What can a lemuure say????? I had not been eating so had to miss these treats when I arrived and I still couldn't manage much but I tested the porridge for breakfast. And then, for tea, I had the souppie ... vegetable and, then, yesterday, the tomato. Two bowls of the lovely tomato. I was the lucky lemuure and there had been some trays left over and spare soup. I could not say no. Sandwiches and pudding had been rather difficult to eat ... but two bowlies of tomato soup?????????? This was a treat that could not be turned down.