Thursday 27 August 2009

Tea poetry

Lemuure asked if I would write a poem about tea. I suppose tea is good to write poems about cause it rhymes with me and see and Glasgie,

But .. the muse has deserted me .. not that I could ever write poetry. Oh, gosh everything's rhyming automatically!!!!

But not very poetically .. and so far .. nothing about tea. But. anyway, are muses just for poetry cause if they are I don't think Paddington ever arrived, let alone pottered off .




Oh Paddington where are you?



Near Ladbroke Grove maybe?



I left you a long time ago



And now it seems you've padded those furry paws



A long way away away from me.



Where are those paws dripping marmalade across the page?



Away in Tennesse?



Well, it rhymes with me



And it's quite near Peru



So I wonder as you do



If the muse has packed his suitcase and padded off to Aunt Lucee



Where she might make them a South American Yogi Bear Choco brew.



Though to be honest I don't think I could write poetry if I had a thousand Paddingtons to inspire me.







Anyway, a poem for Lemuure and everyone about tea. I wrote in rhyme so that people would know it's poetry though you can get poetry that doesn't rhyme. What kind of poetry is that? I don't know not being a poet or someone that reads poetry. It might be called free verse or it might not .. that might be about rhythm and not rhyming.

I guess the wikipedias might tell us.

http://en.wikipedia,org/wiki/Poetry

You can write lots of different kinds of poetry. I haven't read the wikipedia article yet but was wondering if I could just write one word and it would still be a poem.

Tea

or

TEa

or

TEA

or

TeA!!!??!!


or .. could this be a poen?


Green tea

With water

Isn't Cokie Cola

Though it

Might

Be still.





Tea poetry from uncle john.