Monday 18 February 2008

A pottering back

Well, it's becomimg easier to pad the paws around the town but now I have a "stick" to help me. This stick is like a letter J though up the other way round. Some sticks are made out of wood but some are made of metal and have holes in them which help adjust the height. With my stick you have to get one the right height to start off with ... though I suppose you could saw a bit off it if it's too tall for you .. if it's too short .. forget it!!!

When I was in hospital I met someone who had a stick with butterflies painted on it which was very nice and just the right height for her to pad the paws around the town. This came from the Booties store. Mine has no butterflies and just looks like a stick, like a J, like an upside down J stick .. well, u no wat I mean.

Well ................................... I have been in the Warwick hospital as an in lemuure and back out again as an out lemuure. I have nurses who come to see me here and I also have to go and see Dr Charles Holmes and his team from BAD (British Association of Dermatologists).

http://www.bad.org.uk/

I was talking to one of the doctors while I was in hospital about my young friends who want to be doctors and are even thinking about being the dermatologists and he said it would be nice if they thought of joining the dermies up here. When we have talked about them being BAD doctors they have said that they thought it could be a good choice as they could be needed more and more if climate change brings around more cases of skin cancer and even possibly auto immune conditions like mine and lupus where solar damage could be one of the causes.

http://www.bad.org.uk/public/cancer

It is a hard decision to make at the moment though I think they have made their minds up.